flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume doesn't stop the last agent when I modify the flume.conf
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:57:48 GMT
You need to manually stop it. Flume does not stop itself if the agent name is not in the conf
because the agent could pop up later if the conf is updated again.

Thanks,
Hari

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Guillermo Ortiz wrote:

> I'm using Flume 1.4.0 with several agents, I have used the guide from Cloudera to connect
with Twitter.

> I have created another class to modify the flume.conf,
> I have in the beginning two or three agents (for example), when I colud add or delete
them, when I delete the last one, Flume doesn't stop that Agent, it doesn't call the stop
method although it detects that it doesn't exist anymore in the flume.conf.