flume-user mailing list archives

From Mark Nuttall-Smith <marknuttallsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Automatic log analysis and alert generation
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:22:57 GMT
Hi, I posted this question on stackoverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18448218/automatic-log-analysis-and-alert-generation),
but thought I might get a better response here, so am crossposting... hope
it's ok!

 I would like some design advice for a centralized logging project I am
considering. I have a number of components producing logs on various
servers. Apache Flume looks like the sensible choice for streaming to a
central log server, most likely into an elasticsearch instance for querying
and analysis.

Here's my question: I would like to provide a scripting engine listening to
the flow of log events arriving on the central server. Would it make sense
to do that as an interceptor in Flume, or as a plugin to elasticsearch, or
something else completely?

Thanks,

Mark