flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Code Sample for HTTP source for flume
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:49:47 GMT
Do you want a code sample for the handler? If yes, here you are:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http/JSONHandler.java;h=197f66a827058af2a4e5d76c1dbfb82a3504c683;hb=HEAD

You need to implement this interface:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/http/HTTPSourceHandler.java;h=726bf0c84f57f3b7e20feeb3aa79bc71d46d2222;hb=HEAD

Thanks,
Hari

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Nikhil Mhatre wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am a hadoop noob and wanted to write data from Windows eventing logs to HDFS, setup
on a linux box. I want to use Flume to do the same. I want to understand how i can setup a
source on a Windows machine with the sink on a Linux box.

> I was exploring the usage of the HTTP source to push data through.
>
> Is there a code sample that explains how this can be done. I understand that i will need
to write a RestHandler to handle the code.