flume-user mailing list archives

From "Camp, Roy" <rc...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Flume Data Directory Cleanup
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:56:15 GMT
We have noticed a few times that cleanup did not happen properly but a restart generally forced
a cleanup.

I would recommend putting the data files back unless you did a hard delete.  Alternatively,
make sure you remove (backup first) the checkpoint files if you delete the data files.  That
should put flume back to a fresh state.

Roy

From: Jeremy Karlson [mailto:jeremykarlson@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:42 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume Data Directory Cleanup

Thank you for your suggestion.  I took a careful look at that, and I'm not sure it describes
my situation.  That refers to the sink, while my problem is with the channel.  I'm looking
at a dramatic accumulation of log / meta files within the channel data directory.

Additionally, I did try doing a manual cleanup of the channel directory, deleting the oldest
log / meta files.  (This was my experiment.)  Flume really did not like that.  If it is required
in the channel as well, the cutoff point at which the files go from being used to unused is
not clear to me.

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Lenin Raj <emaillenin@gmail.com<mailto:emaillenin@gmail.com>>