flume-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase source
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:06:00 GMT
Flume is a event collection tool, means Flume poll a source or catch events. HBase is a database,
and usually stores some kind of data in a schema (CF). You could write a custom source and
do a scan on your tables, but really I see no sense in such a task. And a full table scan
at HBase is really expensive.
What do you mean with reindexing? HBase has primary and secondary indexes (http://hbase.apache.org/book/secondary.indexes.html),
which can be processed over filters. To integrate HBase into SolR, you can use one of the
tools I mentioned in my post before or ask the SolR mailing lists.

- Alex

On Jul 24, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Flavio Pompermaier <pompermaier@okkam.it> wrote:

> I was thinking to reindex my data stored in HBase and Flume + SolrSink were perfect to
this purpose (although I could obviously write a mapreduce job).

or http://code.google.com/p/hbase-solr-dataimport/.