flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Problem Events
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 22:45:40 GMT
Or you could write a custom sink that removes this event (more work of course)

Thanks,
Hari

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Roshan Naik wrote:

> if you have a way to identify such events.. you may be able to use the Regex interceptor
to toss them out before they get into the channel.

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Jeremy Karlson <jeremykarlson@gmail.com (mailto:jeremykarlson@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > Hi everyone.  My Flume adventures continue.
> >
> > I'm in a situation now where I have a channel that's filling because a stubborn
message is stuck.  The sink won't accept it (for whatever reason; I can go into detail but
that's not my point here).  This just blocks up the channel entirely, because it goes back
into the channel when the sink refuses.  Obviously, this isn't ideal.

> > I'm wondering what mechanisms, if any, Flume has to deal with these situations.
 Things that come to mind might be:

> > 1. Ditch the event after n attempts.
> > 2. After n attempts, send the event to a "problem area" (maybe a different source
/ sink / channel?)  that someone can look at later.