flume-user mailing list archives

From Phil Scala <Phil.Sc...@globalrelay.net>
Subject RE: Wildcard path for spooling directory source?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:35:01 GMT
Nathan, the current code base does not have subdirectory support,

If it's any consolation , I have a working patch to the Flume 1.4 code base for an enhancement
to add support for sub directories (FLUME-1899<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1899>).
   I just need to dedicate some time to finalize testing.  For now you would have to keep
all of the files in the same directory.

Thanks
Phil

Phil Scala
Software Developer / Architect
Global Relay

phil.scala@globalrelay.net<mailto:phil.scala@globalrelay.net>

866.484.6630  |  info@globalrelay.net<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=mailto%3ainfo%40globalrelay.net>
 |  globalrelay.com<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.globalrelay.com%2f>

From: Nathan Grice [mailto:ngrice@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:31 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Wildcard path for spooling directory source?

Does the spooling directory source support wilcards in the path?
I am looking to watch a list of directories without having to reconfigure the agent when a
new path is added.
Example:

spoolingDir = /var/log/sources/*

and when I add a new directory to the /var/log/sources dir, such as  /var/log/sources/1,
/var/log/sources/2, etc, the files placed there are automatically picked up by the agent.

Thanks