flume-user mailing list archives

From Shekhar Sharma <shekhar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use Esper in Flume
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 18:41:22 GMT
You have two options :

(1) You can write a custom flume sink for esper..Disadvantage would be you
cant change the esper queries at run time

(2) YOu can write esper service (Rest API) and the flume sink will send the
java pojo to Esper service..The advantage is that you will have the ability
to change the queries at run time..

I have tried both the approaches..let me know if you would like to know
more...
The first approach is very simple, just need to extend the sink from flume
Abstract sink and override the process method..
In the constructor of the flume you need to initialze the esper engine, as
well as esper statements and esper queries..
Make sure your listeners are attached as well when constructing the object..
While you receive the events in the process method, you need to convert the
Flume SimpleEvent to POJO and call EsperEngine's sendevent() method...

For the second method you can have your queries,listeners and statements
defined in XML file and you parse them when the service starts and have a
thread that looks for the change of this xml file..

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810