flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS custom escape sequence
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:04:14 GMT
You should be able to use %{headerName} to replace the escape sequence in the HDFS sink. For
example if you have a header "topic" with value "flume", an HDFS path that looks like:

hdfs://nameservice/user/flume/%{topic} will drop the event into user/flume/flume.

Cheers,
Hari

On Monday, June 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Camp, Roy wrote:

> Is it possible to use other headers besides the host header, %{host} escape sequence,
to name the HDFS files?  We are interested in attaching a category header and want the events
stored separately.