flume-user mailing list archives

From ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ <zora...@tid.es>
Subject Spooling and duplicated files
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 13:11:56 GMT
>From User Guide I read:

"This channel expects that only immutable, uniquely named files are dropped in the spooling
directory. If duplicate names are used, or files are modified while being read, the source
will fail with an error message. For some use cases this may require adding unique identifiers
(such as a timestamp) to log file names when they are copied into the spooling directory."

But I added two files with the same name and both were processed correctly. Is that ok? What
am I miss understanding?

Thanks.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica
de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at: