flume-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, Prashanth" <Prashanth.B...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Flume-NG -- 2 Sources and a single Sink
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 04:06:58 GMT
Thanks for your inputs Israel.
As of now, both my sources are using separate channels [Memory] and my custom sink is just
getting all the events and pushing them to a flat file on the disk.
I am trying to learn and understand Flume-NG with this prototype.
I will go thru the Flume User Guide as well.

Regards,
Prashanth.

From: Israel Ekpo [mailto:israel@aicer.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:34 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume-NG -- 2 Sources and a single Sink

Checkout the user guide for Flume NG instead

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html

I would suggest that you use separate channels (preferably the FileChannel) for each source.

I am not sure what your custom sink looks like, but if it capable of handling multiple incoming
requests simultaneously like MongoDB, Elastic Search, Apache Solr, MySQL or CouchBase you
should still be able to set them up as separate sinks but technically all the events are going
to the same centralized store.

The user guide is more up to date and contains more examples that could help you decide which
way to go.

Review the various examples and data flow designs.
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Babu, Prashanth <Prashanth.Babu@nttdata.com<mailto:Prashanth.Babu@nttdata.com>>