flume-user mailing list archives

From Vikram Kulkarni <vikulka...@expedia.com>
Subject Dropped events
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:03:31 GMT
I have my custom Source and Sink that I have hooked with a memory channel but I am noticing
that it is not very consistent. Even after sending many events to the Source the Sink’s
event is still null. It works for about 1 out 4 events. I do see the events going to the Logger
Sink so I know the Source is doing its job. However, for the custom Sink I simply get Event
is null messages. I tried adjusting the channel capacity from 10 to 1 but no difference.

Thanks.

Here’s my conf file

# flume-httpxmlhttp.conf: A single-node Flume with Http Source and Http sink configuration

# Name the components on this agent
agent1.sources = r1
agent1.channels = c1

# Describe/configure the source
agent1.sources.r1.type = org.apache.flume.source.http.HTTPSource
agent1.sources.r1.port = 5140
agent1.sources.r1.handler = main.java.org.apache.flume.source.http.XMLHandler
agent1.sources.r1.handler.nickname = random props

# Setup the sinks
agent1.sinks = httpsink logsink

# Describe the sink
agent1.sinks.logsink.type = logger

# Describe the sink
agent1.sinks.httpsink.type = main.java.org.apache.flume.sink.http.HttpPostSink
agent1.sinks.httpsink.serverAddress = <my http server URL>

# Use a channel which buffers events in memory
agent1.channels.c1.type = memory
agent1.channels.c1.capacity = 1
agent1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 1

# Bind the source and sink to the channel
agent1.sources.r1.channels = c1
agent1.sinks.logsink.channel = c1
agent1.sinks.httpsink.channel = c1