flume-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Lord <jl...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Does Flume NG requires to be installed on all the sources?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 01:47:16 GMT
Seshu,

It really is going to depend on your use case.
Though it sounds that you may need to run an agent on each of the source
machines.
Which source do you plan to use? It may also be the case that you can use
the flume rpc client to write data directly from your application to the
flume collector machine.

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html#rpc-client-interface

-Jeff