flume-user mailing list archives

From Seshu V <ses...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Flume NG requires to be installed on all the sources?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 00:49:11 GMT
Hi All,

    I have used Flume 0.9.3 a while back, it worked fine at that time.
 Now, I am looking to use 'Flume NG', started reading documentation today.
 In Flume 0.9.3, I installed flume agents on the servers wherever I had the
data source.   And, I had a collector machine separately.  My sink was
HDFS.   I see that Flume NG is using Channel.
    My question is that I have multiple source servers and my sink is HDFS.
 I also have another machine for Channel (collector in old days).   Do I
need to install flume NG  in all the source machines and Channel machine?
 Or can I install flume NG only on the Channel server and (somehow) specify
in the configuration to pull data from source machines and specify the sink
as HDFS?
     Thanks in advance for your replies..

Thanks,
- Seshu