flume-user mailing list archives

From <Matt.Elli...@gdc4s.com>
Subject RE: Flume and JMX
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:43:25 GMT
Deploy, delete, start, stop, update configuration, restart, etc

From: Mike Percy [mailto:mpercy@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:38 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume and JMX

Sounds interesting. Can you give specific examples of the kinds of control and management
functions you were looking for?

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:20 AM, <Matt.Elliott@gdc4s.com> wrote:

I want to create a utility where I can control and manage my flume agents from a remote machine
using JMX. What I’m wondering is if flume provides JMX type services like your standard
app containers like jboss, web sphere, etc. If not can we make use of the mbeans that are
already there?