flume-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Ravindran <rahu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FileChannel error on Flume 1.3.1
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 22:50:54 GMT
Hi,
  No, I did not delete the checkpoint previously. That is what I did to fix the problem.

Searching through the archives, it looks like http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flume-user/201211.mbox/%3CDA66E7657BFBD949829F3C98D73A54CF18E23C@RHV-EXRDA-S11.corp.ebay.com%3E
needs the checkpoint to be deleted. Will do that in future. Do you still need the logs?
~Rahul.

________________________________
 From: Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com>
To: "user@flume.apache.org" <user@flume.apache.org>; Rahul Ravindran <rahulrv@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: FileChannel error on Flume 1.3.1

Hi,

That isn't a good error message. Could you share your entire log file? Post it on a JIRA or
pastebin.

Did you delete the checkpoint before starting the channel after changing capacity? Capacity
is fixed for the file channel as such the checkpoint must be deleted to change the capacity.

Brock

On Saturday, February 2, 2013, Rahul Ravindran  wrote:

Hi,
>  I increased the capacity and the max file size parameters of the filechannel in our
config and began seeing the below exception. I continue seeing the below on restarting the
channel. I fixed this by removing the files in the checkpoint and data folders.

>02 Feb 2013 21:45:51,113 WARN  [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-LoadBalancingSinkProcessor]
(org.apache.flume.sink.LoadBalancingSinkProcessor.process:158)  - Sink failed to consume
event. Attempting next sink if available.
>java.lang.IllegalStateException: Channel closed [channel=ch2]. Due to java.io.EOFException:
null