flume-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: flume-cassandra
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:56:24 GMT
This is absolutely NOT correct.   We are using Flume NG to log to Cassandra.   We fought with
Flume OG for months trying to get it to work but it was never stable.  The architecture of
Flume OG had serious problems, which is why Flume NG was created.

Ralph

On Jan 23, 2013, at 9:46 PM, Priyanka Jain wrote:

> Hi ,
> Can you give details like your input format and all ...
> I think going with flume 0.9.4 for cassandra is better.
>
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Mike Percy <mpercy@cloudera.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by "collector"?
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Sri Ramya <ramya.1255@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much. But I need a collector in my application, flume-ng  does not have
any collector. Thats why i started with Cloudeera flum. Now i am getting a problem with integrating
flume collector with cassandra.  If any body tried it before please help me.
> thank in advance.
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Mike Percy <mpercy@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hi Sri,
> Cloudera originally created Flume, then contributed it to the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), and continues to invest heavily into it under the auspices of the ASF. The current
generation of Flume is called Flume NG. I encourage you to use the latest "NG" generation
of Flume (version 1.x) over the so-called "OG" generation (version 0.9.x).

> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Sri Ramya <ramya.1255@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much.
> Can u tell me whats the difference between cloudera flume and flume-ng . And which is
the better option to use.
> Thank you.
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM, shekhar sharma <shekhar2581@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use develop your own customized sink which can do pre-processing in flume and
then send the events to cassandra