flume-user mailing list archives

From Connor Woodson <cwoodson....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to activate flume-ng-cassandra-sink
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:17:07 GMT
The reason I don't recommend using it is that I didn't know it existed :P

That seems like a great place to put it. I've done quite a bit of
customization, so for me it's easier to just point Flume to the ./target
directory of my java projects. But the plugins.d seems like a great place
for third-party libraries.

Glad I could help!

- Connor

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Jeff Bachtel <jeff.bachtel@gmail.com>wrote:

> Awesome, thanks; it was that typo.
>
> The plugins.d directory seems to be working, is there a particular reason
> you don't recommend using? I'm brand-spanking new to Flume, so I'm curious.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Jeff
>

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Connor Woodson <cwoodson.dev@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Leave the Cassandra sink jar with its other jars in a folder some where.
>> In FLUME_HOME/conf, open flume-env.sh and go to the FLUME_CLASSPATH line.
>> Uncomment it if needed. Append the path to your cassandra sink and its
>> associated jars, and see if that works.
>>
>> There doesn't appear to be a version incompatability; simply, the
>> Cassandra jar is not found in the classpath. And the reason for that is it
>> looks like you have a typo in your flume.conf.
>>
>> com.*t*btoddb.flume.sinks.cassandra.CassandraSink
>>
>> should probably be
>>
>> com.btoddb.flume.sinks.cassandra.CassandraSink
>>
>> - Connor
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Jeff Bachtel <jeff.bachtel@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I have a build of Flume 1.4.0 on FreeBSD 8, installed into
>>> /usr/local/flume . I manually created
>>> /usr/local/flume/plugins.d/flume-ng-cassandra-sink and
>>> untarred flume-ng-cassandra-sink-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz (from a local
>>> pull/build of btoddb's sources on github), so I have a lib/ directory
>>> that's completely populated with both the sink plugin and any possible
>>> jarfiles it might rely on.
>>>
>>> I've likewise tried just
>>> copying flume-ng-cassandra-sink-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to flume/lib/ for it to
>>> get picked up.
>>>
>>> When I have a CassandraSink define in flume.conf as such:
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.type =
>>> com.tbtoddb.flume.sinks.cassandra.CassandraSink
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.channel = memoryChannel
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.hosts = localhost
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.cluster-name = MyCluster
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.keyspace-name = ApacheLogs
>>> webserver.sinks.cassandraSink.records-coldfam = Requests
>>>
>>> and try to start Flume with:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/flume/bin/flume-ng agent -c /usr/local/flume/conf/ -f
>>> /usr/local/flume/conf/flume.conf -n webserver
>>> -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUG,console
>>>

>>> I get the following output (and obviously, no success):
>>> 2013-01-14 19:55:33,594 (conf-file-poller-0) [ERROR -
>>> org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider$FileWatcherRunnable.run(PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider.java:142)]
>>> Failed to load configuration data. Exception follows.
>>> org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Unable to load sink type:
>>> com.tbtoddb.flume.sinks.cassandra.CassandraSink, class: