flume-user mailing list archives

From Juhani Connolly <juhani_conno...@cyberagent.co.jp>
Subject Re: hdfs.idleTimeout ,what's it used for ?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 02:46:04 GMT
It seemed neater at the time. It's only an issue because rollInterval
doesn't remove the entry in sfWriters. We could change it so that close
doesn't cancel it, and have it check whether or not the writer is
already closed, but that'd be kind of ugly.

@Mohit:

When flume dies unexpectedly the .tmp file remains. When it restarts
there is some logic in HDFS sink to recover it(and continue writing from
there). I'm not actually sure of the specifics. You may want to try and
just kill -9 a running flume process on a test machine and then start it
up, look at the logs and see what happens with the output.

If flume dies cleanly the file is properly closed.