flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Memory Channel
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:55:03 GMT
It means that the channel can store that many events. If it is full, then the put() calls (on
the source side) will start throwing ChannelException. The put call will block only for keep-alive
number of seconds, after which it will throw.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> Could someone help me understand capacity attribute of memoryChannel? Does it mean that
memoryChannel flushes to sink only when this capacity is reached or does it mean that it's
the max events stored in memory and call blocks until everything else gets freed?