flume-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: Flume to stream logs live
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:50:02 GMT
Thank you guys.

Managed to install flume-ng  and run flume agent on windows at CMD line using java VM, i.e
C:> java -Dlog4j.configuration= .... -cp "...\lib\*" -f "flume.conf" -n agent-test

Having source - seq / and sink - logger appeared to be working.
Having source - syslogTcp / and sink - logger appeared to be working, or did it?? See below/
Every second lifestatusSupervisor would advise : Status ceck complete.  What's the next step.
Can you actually send data to a certain port. Can you try running the flume client or execute
bash -tail command somehow in Windows without running cygwin?
[cid:image001.png@01CDDC44.43F9BEA0]

From: Juhani Connolly [mailto:juhani_connolly@cyberagent.co.jp]
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:33 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume to stream logs live

If you can't get flume running on windows your alternatives look like syslog, scribed and
fluentd. We used scribed before moving to flume, but tbh, it can be a pain to compile and
the hdfs support on it is not the best, we had data loss if there was an hdfs restart etc.
I can't say much about the other two