flume-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject Flume to stream logs live
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:47:50 GMT
Flummers,

Loved working with Flume 1.2 - very easy and simple configuration, it was a pleasure to work
with. Managed to "tail -F" logs from unix server and into a hdfs cluster. The problem started
when I also needed to push logs from a Windows application server.  Spent three days researching
on how to install flume on Windows and run  a deamon/agent that will push the logs to the
Avro source I successfully configured and ran on Unix. No luck. So I am looking t alternative.
Is there other framework available out there to help me with my issue. What about scribe?

Andy Kartashov
MPAC
IT Architecture, Co-op
1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
* Phone : (905) 837 6269
* Mobile: (416) 722 1787
andy.kartashov@mpac.ca<mailto:andy.kartashov@mpac.ca>

the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe
qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts
par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite.
Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement
l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel