flume-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume logs not getting generated
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:36:13 GMT

As more people had said - go and use Flume NG. The version you use will not receive any updates.

For this issue:
- check the logs
- the file will be created when the first event is written into
- check the delivering system and structure under /tmp/flume*

regards

On Dec 17, 2012, at 11:14 AM, shouvanik.haldar@accenture.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started flume. It says, logging at "logging to /var/log/flume/flume-flume-node-ip-10-83-35-173.log".
> But when I fire the command "tail -f logging to /var/log/flume/flume-flume-node-ip-10-83-35-173.log",
> I get the error message
>
> [root@ip-10-83-35-173 conf]# tail -f logging to /var/log/flume/flume-flume-node-ip-10-83-35-173.log
> tail: cannot open `logging' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `to' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `/var/log/flume/flume-flume-node-ip-10-83-35-173.log' for reading:
No such file or directory

> Please help!
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shouvanik Haldar | Cloud SME Pool | Mobile:+91-9830017568

immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

> Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems
for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture
policy.