flume-user mailing list archives

From Abhijeet Pathak <Abhijeet.Pat...@kpitcummins.com>
Subject RE: Source and Sink on different machine
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 07:53:00 GMT
I want to setup a failover configuration.

On Machine1 I've a source.
On Machine2 & Machine3, I have (hbase) sinks.
I want to configure them in failover mode. That is, by default events should go to sink on
Machine2's sink. But if Machine2 fails then they should automatically go to Machine3's sink.

Is that possible in Flume-NG? How?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 1:18 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Source and Sink on different machine

if I understood it correctly, you want to put your log data into hbase which is hosted remotely?

yes thats easily doable.

Flume-NG does everything alone instead of older master-slave architecture. It has currently
source channel and sink. you can collect logs on a machine via an agent and using same agent
you can sink them into hbase  on a remote host

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Abhijeet Pathak <Abhijeet.Pathak@kpitcummins.com<mailto:Abhijeet.Pathak@kpitcummins.com>>