flume-user mailing list archives

From "DeCarlo, Thom" <tdeca...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Question about the Setting up Eclipse wiki page
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:44:11 GMT
Well, to answer my own question...

I was mostly successful by simply creating a new (empty) eclipse workspace and make sure that
the Preferences->Java->Installed JREs actually points at your JDK, and not the JRE.
(otherwise nothing will compile)

Then create a new project with the wizard.
    File->New->Other...->Maven->Checkout Maven Projects from SCM

Click "Next..." and the Target Location selector appears. Choose "git" in the SCM type selector,
then enter the URL for the git repository. (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flume.git)
Click "Finish" and eclipse (+ m2eclipse) handles checking out the Flume trunk and creating
all of the projects.

A couple problems remain in the POM files, though.

In flume-ng-sdk/pom.xml and the flume-avro-source/pom.xml, Eclipse is showing errors in the
definition of the avro-maven-plugin and the paranamer-maven-plugin. In each it says,

    Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.avro:avro-maven-plugin:1.6.1:idl-protocol
(execution: default, phase: generate-sources)

I can guess what the error means, but I have no idea how to fix it.
--
Thom DeCarlo