flume-user mailing list archives

From "DeCarlo, Thom" <tdeca...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Logback appender for flume?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:32:17 GMT
I had assumed that logback would need a different appender, though I don't really know the
internals of either library well enough to be certain.

--
Thom DeCarlo

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Noland [mailto:brock@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:18 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logback appender for flume?

Hi,

Both of those tickets are for Flume OG (release series 0.9.X) where as
the community is moving forward with Flume NG (1.X). FlumeNG has a
log4j appender: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-886 and
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#log4j-appender

Would logback require a separate appender?

Brock

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM, DeCarlo, Thom <tdecarlo@mitre.org> wrote:
> I haven't been able to find any recent comments about a logback appender for Flume. There
is a log4j appender, as noted in [FLUME-27], but the similar request that specifically mentions
logback [FLUME-524] seems to have been withdrawn.

> However, I am already using logback and cannot easily change that. Has there been any
development of a logback appender?