flume-user mailing list archives

From Simon Monecke <simonmone...@gmail.com>
Subject Runtime reconfiguration
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:43:52 GMT
Hi,

i want to use flume in my logging-system:

log4j->flume-Agent-> |
log4j->flume-Agent-> |->flume-collector->elasticsearch-node
log4j->flume-Agent-> |->flume-collector->elasticsearch-node
log4j->flume-Agent-> |

in this case using the load balancing sink processor is no problem. But now
i want to increase the number of server nodes (flume-collector->
elasticsearch-node). How can i tell my clients there is a new server? i
think i have to reconfigure my load balancing sink processor, but i can't
restart the client flume agent, because i would lose messages.
And i use the log4j 2 embedded flume appender. i cant restart the whole
application

Has anybody a solution? :/

Regards,
Simon