flume-user mailing list archives

From Simon Monecke <simonmone...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between Flume and a MOM
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:14:08 GMT
Hi,

i want to use Flume to collect logs in my network (~20000 logs/sec).
But now I'm not really sure, what are the differences between Flume and a
MOM like ActiveMQ.

I would say the flume agent on the client side and the flume collector on
the server side build a reliable channel. So i have a reliability from the
moment i give the message to the agent on the client.

And the transfer to a MOM isn't reliable.

Is this the biggest advantage of flume? Do you know any other project like
flume? I have to make a comparison between different transport solutions.
So i could use a simple Socket, JMS, Flume, ...

Regards,
Simon