flume-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Round robin with backoff
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 08:56:05 GMT
Hi,

Yes, thats the correct configuration. We had such an parameter in Flume, but removed them
later as we clean up the code. RANDOM is working like ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF.

SideNote:
Please use our wiki for the newest guides:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Index

and the actual user guide:
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html

cheers,
 Alex

On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:45 PM, Rahul Ravindran <rahulrv@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>   The documentation at http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng/FlumeUserGuide.html
indicates that there is a Round_robin_backoff but this threw an error. It looks like there
is a constant with this type defined in code, but it is not used anywhere. The code seemed
to indicate that the below should achieve a backoff for Round Robin though there is not documentation
about the processor.backoff parameter. Is the below the right way to perform a round robin
with backoff?

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com