flume-user mailing list archives

From Juhani Connolly <juhani_conno...@cyberagent.co.jp>
Subject Re: Round robin with backoff
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 04:19:36 GMT
I'm guessing that was just a slip with ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF => RANDOM.

Rahul: Both RANDOM and ROUND_ROBIN now have backoff semantics in them.
So RANDOM_BACKOFF became RANDOM and ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF became
ROUND_ROBIN. It as processors fail, they will be temporarily blacklisted
and the random/round_robin semantics will be carried out on the
remaining sinks as one would expect.

On 11/17/2012 05:56 PM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, thats the correct configuration. We had such an parameter in Flume, but removed
them later as we clean up the code. RANDOM is working like ROUND_ROBIN_BACKOFF.

> SideNote:
> Please use our wiki for the newest guides:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Index
>
> and the actual user guide:
> http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html
>
> cheers,
>   Alex
>

> On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:45 PM, Rahul Ravindran <rahulrv@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>    The documentation at http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng/FlumeUserGuide.html
indicates that there is a Round_robin_backoff but this threw an error. It looks like there
is a constant with this type defined in code, but it is not used anywhere. The code seemed
to indicate that the below should achieve a backoff for Round Robin though there is not documentation
about the processor.backoff parameter. Is the below the right way to perform a round robin
with backoff?