flume-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Ravindran <rahu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Flume hops behind HAProxy
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:46:49 GMT
Resending given I sent it during off-hours.

________________________________
 From: Rahul Ravindran <rahulrv@yahoo.com>
To: "user@flume.apache.org" <user@flume.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:52 PM
Subject: Flume hops behind HAProxy

Hi,
   Before I try it, I wanted to check if there were any known issues with this. We will
have multiple flume agents sending an Avro stream each to a smaller set of intermediate flume
hops. Are there any issues/concerns around having the flume agents send their streams to an
HAProxy which will round robin between the different flume hops. Any issue around the transaction
mechanism with this setup?

I know that there is a selector mechanism in Flume to do this, but our operations extensively
use HAProxy, and are most familiar with it.

Thanks,
~Rahul.