flume-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Ravindran <rahu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Flume hops behind HAProxy
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 01:52:53 GMT
Hi,
   Before I try it, I wanted to check if there were any known issues with this. We will
have multiple flume agents sending an Avro stream each to a smaller set of intermediate flume
hops. Are there any issues/concerns around having the flume agents send their streams to an
HAProxy which will round robin between the different flume hops. Any issue around the transaction
mechanism with this setup?

I know that there is a selector mechanism in Flume to do this, but our operations extensively
use HAProxy, and are most familiar with it.

Thanks,
~Rahul.