flume-user mailing list archives

From lancexxx <fervent.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about flume-ng agent
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:18:16 GMT
ok,I  will waiting for a release because even  I want use now there have no a config sample.
good luck with you .

--
lancexxx

On 2012年10月26日Friday at 上午11:12, Hari Shreedharan wrote:

> Well, you can use if it you clone trunk and build it. It is just not yet in a release.

> Hari
>
> --
> Hari Shreedharan
>

> On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM, lancexxx wrote:
>
> > will? the mean that now can not be use ?
> > --
> > lancexxx
> >

> > On 2012年10月26日Friday at 上午10:44, Hari Shreedharan wrote:
> >
> > > The HTTPSource will be a part of Apache Flume-1.3.0.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Hari
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hari Shreedharan

may well be the best use case for us.

for the Windows side, our actual Hadoop machines are running CDH4.1.1 which has flume-ng 1.2.0.

the rest of the hadoop distribution I will look at it. As a 'windoze guy' ;-) I do not manage
the hadoop systems.

RFC-type documentation I can find recommends that messeages be kept small in order to avoid
fragmentation.

fragmentation, but the tool we are using to send syslog messages over TCP (LogParser) does
not separate messages with a carriage return so messages weren't parsed correctly by the flume
source.