flume-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Deepak8 " <deepak8.ku...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Moving from Flume OG to Flume NG
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:42:38 GMT
Hi Shumin,
I have gone through the documentation, but it don't have much. Do you have any use case in
which you are using CustomSource? As in flume 0.9.4, we do have flume master url where we
can see the source/sinks/decorators etc. How we can verify here whether our custom source
is fine & up or have any errors?

It would be much help if you please guide me a bit.

Regards,
Deepak

From: Shumin Wu [mailto:shumin.wu@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:11 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Moving from Flume OG to Flume NG

Hi Deepark,

I had hard time switching from OG to NG in the beginning, too. The new way in NG to make your
custom source would look like this:

public class CustomSource extends AbstractSource implements PollableSource, Configurable

or

public class CustomSource extends AbstractSource implements EventDrivenSource, Configurable

, depending on your source type.

Brock's link is a good reading resource.

Shumin
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Brock Noland <brock@cloudera.com<mailto:brock@cloudera.com>>