flume-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Ng <raymond...@gmail.com>
Subject understanding on interceptor
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:03:04 GMT
Hi

I'd like to know if an interceptor gets invoked before or after the source
is invoked

I'm using a custom interceptor in my solution to drop events and I have
some custom logic in my source to report stats, and it seems to me that the
source was getting invoked for the events that should've been dropped by
the interceptor, however these events didn't appear in the channel which is
what I expected, but it looks to me inteceptors are sitting between a
source and a channel rather than it being invoked before a source.  Is that
correct and how it was intended?

thanks
Ray