flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: about flume-ng agent
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:12:46 GMT
Well, you can use if it you clone trunk and build it. It is just not yet in a release.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM, lancexxx wrote:

> will? the mean that now can not be use ?
> --
> lancexxx
>

> On 2012年10月26日Friday at 上午10:44, Hari Shreedharan wrote:
>
> > The HTTPSource will be a part of Apache Flume-1.3.0.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hari
> >
> > --
> > Hari Shreedharan
> >

> > On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Paul Chavez wrote:
> >
> > > I was unaware of an HTTPSource, after reviewing the FLUME-1199 issue it may
well be the best use case for us.

> > > That said, while I am manually building and testing the latest snapshot for
the Windows side, our actual Hadoop machines are running CDH4.1.1 which has flume-ng 1.2.0.

> > > When a version of flume-ng containing HTTPSource is packaged along with the
rest of the hadoop distribution I will look at it. As a 'windoze guy' ;-) I do not manage
the hadoop systems.

> > > Thank you,
> > > Paul Chavez

documentation I can find recommends that messeages be kept small in order to avoid fragmentation.

but the tool we are using to send syslog messages over TCP (LogParser) does not separate messages
with a carriage return so messages weren't parsed correctly by the flume source.