flume-user mailing list archives

From Swati Ramteke <Swati_Ramt...@persistent.co.in>
Subject FlumeNG-Error while writing data from source file to hdfs sink.
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:15:05 GMT
Hi,

I am getting following error while running flume agent:
(I wanted to write data form source file to hdfs sink)

hduser@vm-ps7274:~/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0$ bin/flume-ng agent -c conf  -f conf/flumeHdfs.conf
-Dflume.root.logger=DEBUGG,console  -n agent1
Info: Sourcing environment configuration script /home/hduser/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf/flume-env.sh
+ exec /usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/bin/java -Xmx20m -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUGG,console
-cp '/home/hduser/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf:/home/hduser/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0/bin/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flumeHdfs.conf -n agent1

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/flume/node/Application
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.flume.node.Application
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flume.node.Application.  Program will exit.

1. Flume version is: apache-flume-1.2.0

2.Java version "1.6.0_26"
3.Hadoop version: apache Hadoop 1.0.3

Are there any missing files which are need to be download explicitly?

Please find below flume-env.sh and flumeHdfs.conf files:
1.Flume-env.sh:

# Enviroment variables can be set here.

# Note that the Flume conf directory is always included in the classpath.
#FLUME_CLASSPATH=""

export FLUME_HOME=/home/hduser/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0/bin

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/bin/java
export FLUME_CONF_DIR=/home/hduser/F1/apache-flume-1.2.0/conf/

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME:$FLUME_HOME/bin:$PATH

2.flumeHdfs.conf:

# Define a memory channel called ch1 on agent1
agent1.channels.ch1.type = memory

# Define an EXEC source called src on agent1 and connect it to channel ch1.
agent1.sources.src.channels = ch1
agent1.sources.src.type = exec
agent1.sources.src.command = tail -F /home/hduser/F1/h.txt

# Define a HDFS sink and connect it to the other end of the same channel.
agent1.sinks.HDFS.channel = ch1
agent1.sinks.HDFS.type = hdfs
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.path = hdfs://localhost:8020/user/hduser
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.writeFormat = Text
agent1.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.filePrefix = FlumeTest

# Finally, now that we've defined all of our components, tell
# agent1 which ones we want to activate.
agent1.channels = ch1
agent1.sources = src
agent1.sinks = HDFS

Thanks and Regards,