flume-user mailing list archives

From Prajakta Bavikar <Prajakta_Bavi...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: understanding on interceptor
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 05:02:49 GMT
Hello Ray,
As per my understanding, you are correct. Interceptors get invoked after source.
-Prajakta

From: Raymond Ng [mailto:raymondair@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 5:33 PM
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: understanding on interceptor

Hi

I'd like to know if an interceptor gets invoked before or after the source is invoked

I'm using a custom interceptor in my solution to drop events and I have some custom logic
in my source to report stats, and it seems to me that the source was getting invoked for the
events that should've been dropped by the interceptor, however these events didn't appear
in the channel which is what I expected, but it looks to me inteceptors are sitting between
a source and a channel rather than it being invoked before a source.  Is that correct and
how it was intended?

thanks
Ray

DISCLAIMER