flume-user mailing list archives

From "Yanzhi.liu" <404307...@qq.com>
Subject Re: About file channel
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 01:41:03 GMT
Hello Jeff Lord:
     Thank you for your ansver.
 Pass the test, I found that if the the file channel receiver speed read speed and sink end
consistent, would not result in the accumulation of a large number of files.From the source,
I found two log files will be saved in the software default file channel data directory. Thank
you very much for your help.
 My Name:
 Yanzhi Liu

  From:  "Jeff Lord"<jeffrey.lord@gmail.com>;
 Date:  Thu, Sep 6, 2012 00:30 AM
 To:  "user"<user@flume.apache.org>;

 Subject:  Re: About file channel

Yanzhi,

  It looks like the size of the data folder used by file channel does not reduce even after
all the data has been sent to the target.

 The file channel is implemented as a write-ahead log and will continue to grow the log files.
Eventually (depending upon the configured maximum size of the log files, or due to restart
of the channel) the log files will get rolled, but the old files may still be kept around
until all events in them are dereferenced completely. Only then will the old files be deleted
and space freed up on the system.

 -Jeff