flume-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Lorenz <wget.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locked tail files by flume agent on Window
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 16:24:54 GMT
Not Flume's agent is locking the file, the fileLock() API from Microsoft is done that. Store()
and load() aren't closing the open file, as they do on Linux.

Please note, Flume pre 1.x (also called FlumeNG) won't be developed anymore actively. You
can use Flume on a Windows System, build natively or over cygwin. Here a Thread about:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flume-user/201207.mbox/%3CCAO==xfmLGzOX3WvMC1r-Qar9neBGXDVMZQQfeDDCy9vyCyZvsA@mail.gmail.com%3E

To build Flume natively on windows you can follow this post:
http://mapredit.blogspot.de/2012/07/run-flume-13x-on-windows.html

- Alex

> Hi,
>
> We are using a flume agent (0.9.3)  on Window for tailing a log file.
>
> The log file name is rotated every day to create back up files.
>
> For instance, the file name is application.log and every day the name is changed with
sequential number. application.1.log

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com