flume-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Deepak8 " <deepak8.ku...@citi.com>
Subject Locked tail files by flume agent on Window
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:04:09 GMT
Hi Brock,

We are using a flume agent (0.9.3)  on Window for tailing a log file.The log file name is
rotated every day to create back up files. For instance, the file name is application.log
and every day the name is changed with sequential number. application.1.log. The current log
file name is the same; application.log. tailDir source support a file name rotation on Linux
OS, but in Window version, flume agent locks the file.

Could you please guide how could I make it rotate? Are we taking care of it in Flume NG?

Regards,

Deepak