flume-user mailing list archives

From igor Finkelshteyn <iefin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume (NG?) with S3 Sink?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:47:47 GMT
Has no one needed to send logs through Flume NG to s3? This JIRA makes it sound like it's something
that's already been implemented with documentation, but there is 0 documentation anywhere
(definitely not in the user guide), and the JIRA was resolved months ago.

On Aug 27, 2012, at 3:39 PM, igor Finkelshteyn wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I'm completely new to flume, but was hoping to use it as a way to collect logs on a couple
web servers and funnel them to an s3 sink in Avro. I've found a tutorial for doing this on
Flume OG, but am thinking I should probably just work with Flume NG for a new project if that's
possible. Is there a prebuilt s3 sink for Flume NG that I can use? Can I just use the HDFS
sink and provide some extra parameters to get it to work with s3? Or should I just use Flume
OG?I'd also be open to using something else entirely that has better s3 support, like FluentD,
if that makes more sense. Any ideas?