flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Panigrahi <apanigr...@sprinklr.com>
Subject HostName intercepter not working -- Anything i am missing
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:57:33 GMT
Hi All,

I am a newbie to flume. I have started using it for log aggregation in my company.

I have been desperately trying to make the hostname interceptor work for me , but i am not
getting the hostName in the final aggregated log file.

The conf file at my AGGREGATOR machine is

# Describe/configure source1
agent1.sources.source1.type = avro
agent1.sources.source1.bind = A.B.C.D
agent1.sources.source1.port = 44444

agent1.sources.source1.interceptors = host_int inter1
agent1.sources.source1.interceptors.host_int.type = host
agent1.sources.source1.interceptors.host_int.hostHeader = hostname

agent1.sources.source1.interceptors.inter1.type = timestamp

# Describe sink1
agent1.sinks.sink1.type = FILE_ROLL
agent1.sinks.sink1.sink.directory=/home/ashutosh/flumeLogs
agent1.sinks.sink1.sink.rollInterval=0

The configuration  file at my  agents are .

agent1.sources.source1.type = exec
agent1.sources.source1.command = tail -F /mnt1/logs/LOGGER.log

My expectation was that in the Aggregator machine, whatever logs i get, will have the hostname
in the beginning. But i am getting the actual string which was generated by agent.

Please help.

Regards
Ashutosh