flume-user mailing list archives

From "バーチャル クリストファー" <birch...@infoscience.co.jp>
Subject Re: About custom source
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 04:43:24 GMT
I noticed this as well. It's a mistake in the documentation.

The class signature should be:

public class BarSource extends AbstractSource implements Configurable,
PollableSource

(where PollableSource is org.apache.flume.PollableSource)

Chris.

On 2012/08/02 13:35, 荆棘鸟 wrote:
> hello people:
>   I am doing the custom source.But I was found a problem about Flume
> Developer Guide.At the Guide has a explain that is
> "
> public  class  BarSource  extends  AbstractSource  implements  Configurable,  EventDrivenSource{
>    @Override
>    public  void  configure(Context  context)  {
>      some_Param  =  context.get("some_param",  String.class);
>      // process some_param …
>    }
>    @Override
>    public  void  start()  {
>      // initialize the connection to bar client ..
>    }
>    @Override
>    public  void  stop  ()  {
>      // cleanup and disconnect from bar client ..
>    }
>    @Override
>    public  Status  process()  throws  EventDeliveryException  {
>      try  {
>        // receive new data
>        Event  e  =  get_some_data();
>        // store the event to underlying channels(s)
>        getChannelProcessor().processEvent(e)
>      }  catch  (ChannelException  ex)  {
>        return  Status.BACKOFF;
>      }
>      return  Status.READY;
>    }
> }
> About the process() method in this configuration is a inheriting method.But I didn't
fount its father class.I want to know whether living the father class .