flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: flume-ng agent startup problem
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:57:03 GMT
Could you share your configuration with us? Your class path is quite bare, and remember that
Hadoop does not ship with Flume. Can you take a look at the logs and see if you notice any
errors?

Note that Flume "not printing" stuff is quite normal - flume is not exactly interactive. You
should look for logs - it does not print stuff on the console. It will print to the console,
only the exec command it uses to start up flume - which is what you are seeing. The logs should
give you more details. Did you check the logs to make sure Flume is not working at all?

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Patrick Wendell wrote:

> Jagadish,
>
> If you use the new page and it still doesn't work, can you send me the output of jstack
against the flume pid? I've noticed some similar issues in the past (silent startup failures)
and I'm also trying to debug.