flume-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flume 1.2.0 bzip2 codec problem
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:54:27 GMT
Hi Jagadish,
I believe that flume is using hadoop framework to get list of compression codecs. Is bzip2
codec available in your hadoop environment?

You might want to check configuration property io.compression.codecs for inclusion of org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec.

Jarcec

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Jagadish Bihani wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have downloaded and deployed latest flume code from repository
> "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flume/trunk/"
>
> In the conf file I am using following properties for the hdfs sink:
>

> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.type = hdfs
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.path= <xyz>
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.fileType =CompressedStream
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.filePrefix=<xxx>
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollSize=0
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.codeC=bzip2
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollCount=0
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.batchSize=1
> agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollInterval=1
>
> After running it gives me an exception for bzip.
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported compression codec bzip2.  Please choose
from: [None, GzipCodec, DefaultCodec, LzoCodec, LzopCodec, SnappyCodec]