flume-user mailing list archives

From Yongcheng Li <Yongcheng...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Flume 1.2.0 HDFS Sink Output File Question
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:37:23 GMT
Does anyone have comment on using time (such as day/hour) as part of the file name? When it
crosses the boundary of the defined time period, Flume creates a new file. What is the expected
way of handling the old file (it does not meet any of the roll over condition yet)? I would
expect Flume to flush data out to disk, close that file and remove the .tmp suffix. Am I right?
It does not behave in this manner right now.

Regards,

Yongcheng

From: Gumnaam Sur [mailto:gumnaam.sur@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:04 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume 1.2.0 HDFS Sink Output File Question

Is there a documented way of shutting down flume ?
I just do kill -s TERM <pid> , and I do see flume shutting down normally.
But not all HDFS sink files are closed at times, even with a proper shutdown.
e.g. I was testing a setup with 5 HDFS sinks, and only the last one defined in the conf file
was
being renamed to remove '.tmp' the other four still had '.tmp' extension.
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Denny Ye <dennyy99@gmail.com<mailto:dennyy99@gmail.com>>