flume-user mailing list archives

From Young Kim <y...@crunchyroll.com>
Subject Flume NG Running Questions
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 01:48:20 GMT
Hi guys,

I was reading this guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html) on building
and running flume. I've gotten it to successfully build, but when I run the examples given,
all I get is the following consistently:

+ exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx20m -cp '/Users/Kim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/Users/ykim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1

Then, it either hangs or immediately terminates without any output messages. I'm not exactly
sure if these examples are incorrect, but in the case it is, is there an immediate example
anyone has that would indicate whether or not my build was successful?

Thanks,Young Kim