flume-user mailing list archives

From Young Kim <y...@crunchyroll.com>
Subject Re: Flume NG Running Questions
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:39:36 GMT
Hey Will,

I followed the guide verbatim, but I miscopied the results. It should be:

+ exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx20m -cp '/Users/ykim/Downloads/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/Users/ykim/Downloads/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1

Either way, there is an agent1 in the matching configuration as written in the guide linked
earlier. How would I go about enabling the debug level in log4j?

Thanks,
Young

On Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Will McQueen wrote:

> Hi Young,
>
> I'm not sure why the output shows that that the flume dir is under both the Kim dir and
the ykim dir. Did you follow the getting started guide verbatim? Also, does the 'agent1' name
match the name of the agent that's specified in the conf file? You can also try enabling the
debug level in log4j.properties.

> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Will
>
> On Jul 6, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Young Kim <ykim@crunchyroll.com (mailto:ykim@crunchyroll.com)>
wrote:

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I was reading this guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html) on
building and running flume. I've gotten it to successfully build, but when I run the examples
given, all I get is the following consistently:

> > + exec /usr/bin/java -Xmx20m -cp '/Users/Kim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/conf:/Users/ykim/flume-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application -f conf/flume.conf -n agent1

> > Then, it either hangs or immediately terminates without any output messages. I'm
not exactly sure if these examples are incorrect, but in the case it is, is there an immediate
example anyone has that would indicate whether or not my build was successful?