flume-user mailing list archives

From Senthilvel Rangaswamy <senthil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support hot reconfiguration?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 23:32:10 GMT
IMHO, online reconfiguration is dangerous. A typical use case for flume is
to be deployed at the very
beginning of the data source, like web servers. These are typically in
large numbers. Say you push out
a bad config and that gets picked up, it will wreak havoc on the
infrastructure.

I would like the flume to pick the new config when it is HUP'ed. This way,
it is a controlled deployment,
but at the same time not a full restart.

--
..Senthil

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
 caught and shot now."
                                                    - Douglas Adams.